zaterdag 15 maart 2014

and than there was spring...nice!


it's been some time since  i posted something about me and my garden... so here we go! what a nice weather it has been these past weeks! spring comes early this year. Lots has happened meanwhile.

zwartmoeskervel and sorrel
i started planted a lot of veggies in the raised bed i made...i hope they survive because the weather wasnt ideal to replant them. a cloudy day would have been better though. Anyways, i did the replanting in the evening when it was a little cooler. i put in some salads, a colliflower (which i still had from last fall - the only one that didnt get eaten by the slugs), redbeats, musterd, leechs, sorrel, dill, sellery,... I made some 30 by 30cm squares where i can experiment with different kind of combinations. still have some squares to fill.
I used the plants i got from the plukrijpfarm, as well as stuff i had sown myself. It's very exciting to do all this and watch it grow!

In the house, i have sown other things like borage, carrots, spinach, red beats, salad, chervil. My chicory which i grew in the basement has grown full size. It tastes really good, and it felt good that i could give some to my neigbhours and grandparents.

plukrijppotten coming to life :-)
in the back of the garden i made a new raised bed where i can plant the strawberries. I got like 30 strawberryplants last fall from a friend, but i needed a sunny spot for them. So i threw out some bushes, which my neighbour gladly accepted, and made the bed with soil from my neighbour. We've become good friends. He even brougth me eggs from his chickens. I'm going to invite him over soon for dinner, so we can get to know each ohter better.

I also made a couch from palletwood for chilling out in the garden! also a very important factor :-) and while i was at it, i made a insect/wild bee-sheleter as well.... looks a little weird, but it's all improvised.


As for myself, it's weird living alone in this house, after spending all the past years there with my wife. I'm trying to make the best of it, by looking out for myself. You wont find me at home very often, because i've been spending a lot of time on the plukrijpfarm. The people there help me becoming a more loving and caring person. But more important for me,they are helping me unlocking the playfullness that has been hidden inside me...that i've been ignoring. I'm refinding joy in life, in the little things, subtle glimpses op magic; ...
I've been through some dark times past winter, but i feel the light and the warmth of spring shining upon me. it's the rythm of nature... I'm finding myself more outside, walking barefoot, sleeping in the garden (or in the plukrijp-treehouse, which was awesome!), meditating and playing.

Anyway, with this said, I wish to thank all the people I've met (and everyone i'm still going te meet) because they help me grow, getting closer to myself and others, learning about the meaning of life and love,... and maybe most important they help me to love myself!! So thank you all... love you guys!















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten